This sauce is very tangy and citrusy, and goes great as an alternative to maple syrup. Nice and sweet, and you can vary up your preferred heat levels with your choices of green chili peppers. We love jalapeno peppers or serrano peppers for this, but feel free to experiment.
- 1 green chili pepper, diced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- In a sauce pan, add butter and melt.
- Stir in corn starch to form a roux.
- Add orange juice and maple syrup. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a light boil - keep about 2 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in kiwi slices and chili peppers and serve!
Brand New Cookbook
Chili Pepper Recipes Galore!
250+ Chili Pepper Recipes - PRINT or EBOOK